Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Resolutions for a New (& better) Year

2009 was a year of change for me & many around me. Although some of the change I went through did not initially seem like it was for the better, each of these events allowed me to learn something new about myself. Learning is growing and I feel like I matured more than ever this year. As for the positive highlights & major events this year -- I moved to a new place, was promoted to a new position within my company, soaked up some sun with my bf in Miami/Fort Lauderdale, dove through the Great Barrier Reef, took a ferry ride through the Sydney Harbour in Australia, ran my 2nd half marathon with my sisters & the corporate challenge with my coworkers - memorable moments that I will keep with me forever.

I don't know exactly what 2010 will bring, but I have high expectations & plan on it being spectacular. Perhaps my new year's resolutions will be a great way to push it in that direction.

During this new year, I resolve to...
  • resurrect the SF museum & sightseeing mission
  • continue to exercise my brain by reading, writing, blogging, etc.
  • complete as many items on The Big Eat SF: 100 Things to Try Before You Die list as I can
  • take one domestic vacation
  • take one international vacation
  • give back to my community/ volunteer my time for those in need
  • spend less time doing mindless stuff online (ie. facebook)
  • master the acoustic guitar
  • run another half marathon, maybe a 10k - the point is to continue to be active
  • be a better daughter, sister, girlfriend, employee, friend & independent.
  • exude more positivity (by surrounding myself with more of it & less negativity)
Check back and watch me while I make every one of these things happen.

No comments: