Monday, December 14, 2009

The Rainforest & Cathedral Fig Tree




[I forgot what this is called, but it's deadly haha]


[strangler trees]



The Cathedral Fig tree is home to many animals. I was a little scared to try climbing on the branches, because in case you didn't know, I am not a fan of spiders and rodents and according to cousin Brad, this tree is filled with them. Luckily for me, they usually don't come out during the day. The only animal life you can see or hear in this tree are the annoying cockatoos that inhabit much of Cairns trees.

Many of the tour groups offer night hikes through the rainforests and they're recommended if you're really looking to see animals, but strolling through during the day is just fine with me. I definitely don't doubt that it's awesome though - I'm just a chicken when it comes to creepy crawlers. Just ask Allison, she's half my size and I was using her to guard me anytime I heard or saw anything.

No comments: