Sunday, December 06, 2009

Cairns, Pronounced Cans

A 2 hour flight from Sydney and we've finally reached Cairns, a city in the northern part of Australia that's a great place to stay if you're taking a trip out to the Great Barrier Reef. This leg of the trip, Allison & I decided to stay in a hostel (Allison's first time!) while everyone else stayed at the Hilton. I thought it would be a funner experience - and it was. Major plus: we got free airport pick-up and drop-off from Tom, a hottie world traveler from Germany. In addition, Chris, who is a co-owner/ employee of Dreamtime Travellers Rest was also a hottie (hey, it's okay for me to look). The first time I stayed at a hostel I was in Dublin, Ireland and It's such an awesome way to save money and meet people from all over the world who are generally in the same age group.



No comments: