Thursday, February 04, 2010

Mijita: Sopa de Albondigas

#91 Albondigas Soup at Mijita
Ferry Building
7x7 The Big Eat SF 2009: 100 Things to Try Before You Die
...............................................................................................


This meal is great for a cold day in the city. Sopa de Albondigas is a Mexican soup with beef & pork meatballs in a tomato based broth with vegetables. After one bite, you can tell that they use very fresh ingredients and make everything from scratch. I enjoyed the meal, but I think the soup would be 10x better if it had a dollop of sour cream. It was lacking a little flavor, but I think that with a bit of extra herbs and sour cream it'd be perfect. Quantity wise, they give you enough to fill you up for lunch. I ordered with my eyes and decided on adding a cheese quesadilla to my order which I only ate half of. Cheese quesadilla + sopa = about $11. Not bad.


Mijita is towards the back of the Ferry building and you can get a great view of the Bay Bridge in their outdoor seating area.

Verdict: Decent meal, but would be better with more flavor and sour cream!

No comments: