Thursday, February 18, 2010

Avatar

Not the movie, the restaurant. I'm not normally a huge fan of indian food, but I left this indian fusion restaurant in Sausalito feeling satisfied. The samosas came with 3 tasty dipping sauces and the other appetizers (not sure what any of these are called) were just as good. The service was awesome - I love how you can describe what type of meal you want if you don't see anything you like on the menu and they'll whip something special up for you. Definitely a plus. I had the enchiladas, but it was Craig's meal that I truly enjoyed. He chose their special for the night: lamb, mussels, prawns, and veggies grilled with various indian/ jamaican seasonings over basmati rice. The only dessert they have is made with an almond gelato, topped with pistachios and rests on top of a rose petal mango mixture. At first I was hesitant to try it due to the flavor combination, but it was surprisingly good - I'd definitely have it again. Also, if you're thirsty, they stock indian beer - one of which is black, Xingu.







No comments: