Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Brunch & Brushes

To celebrate Rosalind's birthday, we headed out for brunch at La Note and pottery painting at Brushstrokes Studio both in Berkeley. When I first opened the invite, I was so excited - brunch and all hands on crafty things are my favorites. I was even more excited when I found out Angelique was flying in just for the day.

At La Note, we feasted on frenchie breakfast plates and mimosas in their cute little patio area. I had the Omelette de Pommes de Terre - a potato and carmelized onion omelette with Provencales tomatoes. Delicious! I cleaned my entire plate and then proceeded to try everyone elses food. I love that they serve their hot chocolate & coffee drinks from bowls.



Brushstroke Studio was awesome. The whole top floor, where we feasted on various finger foods & wine while we painted away, was reserved solely for our party. I was overwhelmed with the options here, but decided on painting a latte mug that doubles as a soup bowl.




Rosalind's masterpiece was crafted so beautifully. It's amazing what hundreds of little dots can create. I love that all of the girls in attendance were all uniquely creative and enjoyed this as much as I did. Hopefully I can get a few photos of everyones finished projects once they're out of the kiln (ladies, please send pics of these over if you have them) to share with you.


I opted for a love themed mug with translations of "I love you" from around the globe. Love + my love for travel, coffee & soup = my finished product. I stand by my project 100%, even though I was called a "cheese ball" for my idea. Can't help being me :)


Happy Birthday, Rosalind!


Check out more details on Completely Smitten:
http://completelysmitten.wordpress.com/2010/02/21/brunch-brushes-berekley-california/

No comments: