Thursday, February 04, 2010

Miette: Ginger Snaps

#49 Ginger Snaps from Miette
Ferry Building
7x7 The Big Eat SF 2009: 100 Things to Try Before You Die
...............................................................................................


Miette is a bakery that tries to use organic ingredients (when available) in their products and offer all types of pastries from cakes & tarts to macarons & cupcakes. They even sell beautifully crafted cake stands. Their ginger snaps are on the 7x7 list and since I've never tried them (but have enjoyed many other items on their menu) I bought a pack for $7 and took it back to the office. Though thin and crispy, they pack a ton of flavor. I was a little overwhelmed with the amount of ginger I tasted. I know, I know, they're ginger snaps!

Verdict: Next time, I think I'll go back to the cupcakes and macarons. Miette has so many other great offerings and I'd prefer to go back to what I love about this place because it certainly isn't the ginger snaps. However, I shared the rest of the snaps with my co-workers and everyone else loved it. You might too.

1 comment:

Di said...

I thought those gingersnaps were fabulous! Very gingery, buttery, crispy and very different. If you are expecting molasses cookies these might not be for you but if you like ginger try these!