Monday, May 04, 2009

the SUNDANCE experience

[January 2007]



Park City / Salt Lake City -- Where do I begin?

Despite the 20 degree weather, the trip was one of the most interesting domestic trips I've ever had. Sundance was such an amazing experience. We watched a total of 5 movies (which were NOT easy to get tickets for) and saw a short film along with one of em:

* Chicago 10 (documentary using different medias, my favorite of the 6)

* Tuli (Pilipino - Foreign Film)

* Fido (zombie movie)

* Teeth (dark comedy, drama)

* River's Edge (a 20 year old Sundance film)

* Killing Mr. Snuggles (short film)

I would go into each one, however, time only permits a list. During the vacation we were able to hit up the Park City resort ,which is one of the top 5 in the nation, and go snowboarding. It snowed while we were there and for the remainder of the day which was pretty cool. No A-list celebrities were spotted by any of us, but a few of us did see some b-listers: Kumar from Harold and Kumar, Webster, Laurence Bender (producer of Pulp Fiction, Kill Bills, Reservoir Dogs, Inconvenient Truth, The Mexican, etc.), Dennis Hopper (Speed, River's Edge), John Hensley (Nip/Tuck), Crispin Glover (George McFly in Back to the Future) -- can't remember who else. Unfortunately, JT, Lindsey and Dakota Fanning weren't part of that list although I did hear that they were strolling along Main St. in Park City.

I'd like to make this a yearly thing, that's how AWESOME of an experience it was for me. I highly recommend it to the movie watchers.

No comments: