Tuesday, May 05, 2009

SF Museum Mission: Cal Academy of Sciences

Who: Me, Kristi, Matt, Ethan & Sofia
What: Cal Academy of Sciences
When: Sunday, September 21, 2008
Why: They became members and had the opportunity to preview the museum before it's grand opening date and they let me tag along :)
Where: Accross from the De Young at @ Golden Gate Park
Cost: Thanks to my sister it was FREE, but normal price is $24.95 and $19.95 for students (yes, the price went up!)

CAS is the only place in the world with a planetarium, aquarium and natural history museum all under one roof. In addition, this place also has a 3-story rainforest exhibit, penguins and a rooftop garden or "Living Roof." I appreciated the Philippine Coral Reef exhibit. I imagine this place to get packed for the next few months since it's grand opening is this weekend, but if you can go during a weekday I recommend it. I'll definitely be back to get the full experience of the planetarium.

Check it out:

No comments: