Tuesday, October 05, 2010

San Jose Rock N Roll Half Marathon 2010

This past Sunday, I ran the San Jose Rock N Roll half marathon. The course had absolutely no inclines. Knowing this going in, I thought for sure I would break my Nike Women's half marathon time by at least 10 minutes. Well, at the end of the race I ended up clocking in a few seconds slower than my last time! Absurd. How on earth did I manage to run this same speed in San Francisco with a ton of inclines? I must be in worst shape than I was a year ago.

As I crossed the finish line, I told myself that it would be my last and that I'm officially retiring from this 13.1 mile game but I can't just walk away that easily. I have a new goal to beat. Also, I failed to mention that this was Craig's first half marathon and he ended up beating me by 10 minutes and now he wants to run another one. So, guess my retiring days will have to get pushed back a tad. Time to train for another one. Man, these things are slightly addicting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi!This was a really marvelous website!
I come from itlay, I was luck to come cross your theme in baidu
Also I learn a lot in your subject really thank your very much i will come later