Saturday, October 02, 2010

Philadelphia, The City of Brotherly Love

For any and every trip, I normally map out a plan. With my busy schedule these last few weeks, I wasn't able to get around to it. All I knew was that I wanted to go to one store in NY - I've been there so many times that I just wanted to go with the flow this time around. As for Philly, even though it was my first time there, I just though that I'd be eating cheesesteaks and visiting my good friend Jeff. When I checked into our hotel, I did the usual reading through the tourist magazines and hotel books they offer and realized that this city had way too many historical places to pass up on. With just 2 full days to see everything I wanted to see, I mapped out a plan to see Benjamin Franklins burial site, Independance Hall, the Liberty Bell, Rocky steps, colonial homes from the 1800's, Betsy Ross house, Love park & sculpture and eat at all of the famous cheesesteak spots. After 2 days of siteseeing, it was a success. I saw all of these places and then some. We even managed to try cheesesteaks & such at Tommy Dinics, Pat's, Genos and Tony Lukes. The only one we missed was Jim's! My favorite: Pat's. The meat was super flavorful and juicy. Not only did we do daytime activities and eat our way through the city, we managed to check out a little nightlife too.

Aside from the historical background, another thing I really appreciate about Philly is their love for sports and their home sports teams. Anytime a game was going on everyone was fitted in Phillies or Eagles apparel. Gotta love it.






















No comments: