Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Out the Door - Fresh Spring Rolls

#87 Fresh Spring Rolls at Out the Door
Westfield SF Centre - Concourse Level - 845 Market St., #80
7x7 - The Big Eat SF 2009 - 100 Things to Try Before You Die

(forgive the cell phone quality image)
...........................................................................................

In an effort to kick off one of many resolutions, I visited Out the Door during my lunch to grab an order of their fresh spring rolls with shrimp, sliced pork, mint & peanut sauce. Growing up in San Jose, I developed a love for authentic Vietnamese food so I'm a huge fan of spring rolls, pho, bun, the list goes on. Although these rolls were delicious, the taste difference didn't justify the $9.31 total. The thickness of the peanut sauce threw me off & I forgot to ask for Sriracha! I'd much rather step into my neighborhood hole in the wall and get the same amount for under $5, or get a bowl of pho with that for the same price. Hours after devouring this, I'm still wondering how it made the 7x7 list.

Verdict: good/ your standard spring roll/ not worth the price tag

No comments: