Monday, November 30, 2009

A Full Day in Sydney


You're going to think I'm crazy for squeezing this much in one day, but that's how I roll (when traveling and under a limited amount of time). In the past, I've been called PT (psycho tourist) because of it. I'll take that name any day, because it means I always do 90% of what I plan for when I go on vacation.

Since it's such a full day, I'm just going to list it out.
  1. Wake up at 7:30am (couldn't sleep in) - get ready, grab a cappucino & we're on our way
  2. Chinatown
  3. Town Hall (Queen Victoria Building, The Strand - both shopping centers)
  4. The Rocks
  5. Lunch at the Playfair Cafe - my first meat pie experience
  6. Walk the Harbour Bridge
  7. Bus 333 to Bondi Beach
  8. Hotel for R&R
  9. Dinner on Liverpool
  10. Karaoke @ Ding Dong Dang
Chinatown couldn't be any smaller. It's literally on a single strip of land.

The Strand has been around since the late 1800's and serves as one of Sydney's oldest (and most beautiful) shopping centers. The arcade remains in it's original form with it's Victorian exterior & antique interior details. It currently houses some of Sydney's most sought after fashion lines.

The Rocks - the oldest neighborhood in Sydney.

Here, I decided I don't care for meat pies.

Walking on the Harbour Bridge.

The view from the bridge is postcard-perfect.


Bondi Beach brings in the surfers, sun-worshippers & swimmers. Check out those waves.

Mike hitting Wes with a high note at Ding Dong Dang.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I SO want to be at that beach right now! Ahhh...it looks amazing!