Sunday, November 28, 2010

Black Friday



I love great deals, but not at the expense of ruining a holiday. That's just me though. Instead of waiting in line for 2 days, I'd much rather spend time indoors preferably with the heater on and surrounded by Thanksgiving dinner. Every year I am amazed at the amount of people that camp out to get the best of the best deals. Don't get me wrong, I give it to these folks because they do get amazing deals ie) TVs & laptops at half price.

At about 1am on Black Friday, a few of us decided to head out to check out the scene (not so much get in line). We drove past lines at Best Buy and Target to chat with a few people about how long they've been in line and what they intend to buy. One man was there since Wednesday and was first in line and does it every year. People had their tents up, grills going and heaters running. They were definitely professionals. After scoping out the scene we decided to run into Walmart since they're 24 hours. Well, upon arrival we were greeted with a line outside the door. Turns out it was taking people at least 45 minutes just to get in and another hour to pay for their merchandise. We didn't end up going in. We went right back home. Black Friday just isn't for me. Cyber Monday on the other hand, that's more my cup of tea.

No comments: