Friday, October 30, 2009

The Great Camera Challenge

I woke up last Sunday only to find that my digicam was somehow misplaced the prior night (not surprising considering the inebriated festivities for Craig's bday), with less than 2 weeks before my Australia departure!

Since then, I've spent countless hours researching cameras to make sure I find the best bang for my buck. I was toggling between a Canon Powershot SD980, 740 and 1200 and finally decided on the 1200. It was a tough decision, but after learning that a 2mp difference only mattered if you're printing out larger images I concluded that saving $50-75 was more in my best interest (correct me if I'm wrong). I was even able to find a great bundle on Walmart that comes with a free 4GB memory card. Though they offer vibrant shades, I opted for something easier on the eyes - dark grey.

I've always been happy with Canon - great capabilities, size, image quality & customer service. Can't wait to share my thoughts and better yet, show you my photos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooohhh good buy Mel! I have the Canon SD960....you simply can't go wrong with a canon!