Monday, September 12, 2011

I Love Ramen

I am a soup fanatic who doesn't discriminate any type of soup. Plain old broth, hearty, Mexican caldos, pho, ramen, the list goes on. I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner days in a row and never get sick of it. So, that brings me to the best ramen I've ever had at Ippudo. Weeks prior to my NYC departure, I asked around and read a few articles and thought Momofuku was the one to try. It wasn't until I was in Manhattan chatting with friends until I realized I had been looking at the wrong place. Turns out, Ippudo is actually considered the best. So, I followed the advice of my favorite NY'ers and headed for that restaurant and made sure we were there right before they opened. I'm glad we did because unlike many Yelpers, we only had to wait 5 minutes before we were seated. I ordered the Akamaru Modern and the pork belly buns and I wasn't disappointed one bit. He had the same with the braised pork belly and soft boiled egg add-on (highly recommend it!). The BEST ramen I've ever had. I've never been to Japan so I can't compare, but this will definitely do for now. If you're a ramen/ soup lover like me, don't go to NYC without stopping by.



1 comment:

Laura Hunter-Thomas said...

OMG yes! So hungry now haha.

Just in case you're interested, I'm giving away a Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 bag on my blog. Details here: http://www.beautynotbull.com/2011/09/giveaway-monogram.html

:)

Laura x