Sunday, September 25, 2011

NY Eats

As with every visit to New York, there's never enough time to rest. Between wedding festivities for the bride & groom and hanging out with NY'er friends, we tried to squeeze in as many food spots as possible. This city never disappoints on the food front so I have a few places to share for next time you're in the Big Apple.

Ippudo

This place deserved it's own post, so you'll find that by clicking here.

Grimaldi's Pizza


 Thankful that there is now a 2nd location (the first being at the Brooklyn Bridge) because the wait at their famous original location can sometimes take 2 hours. Here, we didn't have to wait at all. I actually wanted to try Lucali in Brooklyn instead (all of my NY'er buddies say this is actually the best pizza), but they're only open for dinner each night which didn't work out with our schedule. The pizza here has such tasty cuts of meat and perfectly thin with a slight crisp. Definitely a must-try.

Shakeshack


Basically the In-N-Out Burger of NY. My Cali folks may hate me for saying this, but I would take a Shake Burger over In-N-Out any day. To me, the bun and meat here is far better than that of my hometown joint. Plus, they serve frozen custard. Yum.

I didn't go during this visit, but I have to give some love to Peter Luger. If you are a steak lover, this is a must-try.

No comments: