Monday, May 02, 2011

La Mar Cebicheria Peruana: Ceviche & Pisco Sour

#47 Ceviche and Pisco Sour from La Mar
7x7 The Big Eat SF: 100 Things to Try Before You Die 2010
Embarcadero


The food is nothing spectacular - definitely good enough to come back. The ceviche, on the other hand, is amazing (for $17, I wish they gave more of it). Even better when you pair it with a pisco sour. Since the big trip to Peru is right around the corner and a lot of positive things have been happening, we thought we'd celebrate by having a Peruvian dinner and we heard so many great things about this place. They have a few different types of ceviche, but we opted for the cebiche mixto (catch of the day, calamari & octopus). The seafood tasted fresh and had the perfect amount of spiciness. I love ceviche! BTW - pisco sour was good, though I have nothing really to compare it to. I'll update you on that after I try them in Peru.

No comments: