Sunday, May 29, 2011

An Intipunku Proposal


 After hiking for about 5 straight hours, we finally reached the final steps to Intipunku (the Sun Gate). This is the highest part of Machu Picchu and you have to climb this to get the first sighting of the famous ruins. After climbing up like a monkey, we got our first look and it was breathtaking and unlike anything I've ever seen before. The mystery behind it is captivating in itself. We felt so accomplished and what a reward!

After letting it sink in for a moment, I looked over at Craig who had this expression on his face and immediately I knew what was going to happen next.



 Through all of my awkward fidgeting (while also nervously laughing), I managed to miss half of all the great things he said but was still able to mutter the word, "yes." May 29, 2011 - was a special day and I even got a special stamp at the ruins! There's nothing like the feeling of getting a new stamp on your passport (especially on the day you got engaged).

Wondrous things can happen at one of the wonders of the world :)

No comments: