Monday, January 10, 2011

Shadow Sitting

I've been kitty sitting Shadow since the end of December while my friend JD was off venturing through Macau and the Philippines and today she finally went back home. Just to give you some background, JD and I used to be roomies. I've never been a cat person, but when I met his cat Shadow I fell in love. Maybe it was her dog-like personality that got me, or the way she would literally fall asleep on my belly, or the look of her curved paw reaching under a closed door to make the "boing" sound with the doorstop - she's just the best cat. Craig and I spent 2 weeks with her and we had such a blast we were both sad to see her go. If this is how I feel letting go of a cat, I'm going to be a train wreck when I have to see my kids off to college haha. Until next time Shadow!


P.S. It's really amazing how having animals around completely changes ones mood.

No comments: