Thursday, January 27, 2011

Korean Taco at Namu's Market Stand

#90 Korean Tacos at Namu's Market Stand
7x7 The Big Eat SF: 100 Things to Try Before You Die 2010


I think I've been to the SF Ferry Building way too many times the last 2 weeks. I love this place and can  never get enough. Since they do a farmer's market twice a week (Thursday and Saturday), I decided to swing by and check out the offerings and turns out, many of the notable food trucks/ tents were set up today: Namu, Roli Roti, Tacolicious and more (all of which have items on the 7x7 list for 2010). Today, I went for a Namu Korean taco.

Namu has a very unique take on the taco. Rather than using a tortilla, they wrap their ingredients (kalbi, seasoned rice, daikon, kimchi salsa, kimchee remoulade, housemade teriyaki sauce) in Japanese and Korean toasted seaweed. After just reading the ingredients in this "taco" I knew it wouldn't let me down - and it didn't disappoint. Prices are reasonable considering food in the area is not cheap, but I was hoping for a slightly larger quantity though it was still good. $3 for 1 taco and 2 for $5. I've tried their Korean style pancake at a street food festival and didn't fancy it much, but this, I'd definitely have it again.

No comments: