Tuesday, March 23, 2010

La Boulange: Cannele

#44 Cannele
Boulangerie Bay Bread (La Boulange Bakery)

7x7 The Big Eat SF 2009: 100 Things to Try Before You Die
..................................................................................................



I can't back up the cannele here (think sponge cake with an egg-y taste to it). I'm not even sure why this item even made it to the 7x7 list, but I can vouch for the food at this french bakery/ cafe. There are about 10 locations scattered throughout SF carrying breakfast items, lunch & pastries. Today, I decided to enjoy the sunny weather with a light lunch which happened to be today's special of spinach, artichoke & roasted peppers in puff pastry with an organic spring mix salad. For one, I loved the fact that it was healthy since I ate several unhealthy meals throughout my stay in Florida. Everything tasted so fresh. Since it was vegetarian, I didn't think it would fill me up, but it did! Healthy + filling + tasty = a huge plus. Oh, I also tried the passionfruit macarons and didn't care for them. Nothing beats the macarons at Bouchon Bakery.

Price: the daily special + cannele + macaron = $12 for lunch

Verdict: I'll definitely be back, but not for the canneles!

No comments: