Thursday, June 04, 2009

Foreign Cinema

Before I go into my experience at Foreign Cinema, I have to make a quick note about Dine-About-Town. For those of you who have never taken part in this offer, the full menu of each restaurant is still available to everyone, but there is a limited selection for Dine-About-Town. For example, if you go on a date and one of you wants to choose the dine-about-town options and have a 3-course meal for $34.95 and one of you just wants one entree for $20 that's not on the special menu, you can both have your way.

My meal:
  1. Appetizer - Smoked salmon, grapefruit, endives
  2. Entree - Roast Pork Tenderloin
  3. Dessert - Chocolate pot de crème (I actually ordered the Rose Geranium Creme Brulee and he gave me the wrong item :( I was too full and tired to make the switch
His meal:
  1. Appetizer - Salad with beet puree
  2. Entree - Lamb Skewer & Quail w/ Cous Cous
  3. Dessert - Goat cheese w/ candied raisins
*We both shared a dozen mixed oysters


I absolutely loved my appetizer. Everything tasted so fresh and it was such a great flavor and texture combination. The entree was tasty, but nothing amazing. I was a bit upset that I ended up with a chocolate mousse type dessert considering I'm not a huge fan of chocolate like every other woman on the planet (I have to be in the mood). The funny thing about our meals was, we loved our own dishes, but were not very fond of each others. If you ever try this place, sit in the outdoor area and at dusk, the featured movie begins playing. It's worth a try!

No comments: