Monday, December 06, 2010

LA Food Crawl

Went down to LA over the weekend and my friends took us on the most gluttonous (yet, delicious) food crawl all in a 24-hour period. Here's where we went from start to finish.

I should also add that I had absolutely no complaints - EVERYTHING was yummy.

1. UMAMI Burger - They grind their own meat here and the burgers were so delicious that I scarfed it down before I could even get a photo of it. I did, however, manage to get a photo of some of their beer offerings & steal a friend's photo.




2.  Fisherman's Outlet Seafood Restaurant & Market - Fresh seafood and a ton of options. Get something grilled and with garlic butter and you can't go wrong.


3. Wurstkuche - Exotic (and gourmet) sausages. We tried the Buffalo, Beef & Pork and the Gator & Pork sausage. I'm not much of an exotic meat girl, but I figured if it's in a sausage it can't look that scary. Plus, it's their specialty.

4. Scoops -  The gelato here is made with fresh ingredients and the flavors are unlike anywhere else. My picks for the day were Banana Cream Cheese & Burnt Sugar. Two thumbs up for both. It made the perfect palate cleanser for the next meal.



5. Kyochon Chicken -  These tasty Korean chicken wings are soooo tasty. They're crispy, sweet and now my mouth is salivating because I would like a few more right about now. Time to look for a place like this in the Bay.


6. Beul Dae Po - All you can eat Korean bbq. LA's Ktown really does Korean food best. Everytime I come to LA, my trip isn't complete without it. Even after a long day of eating, we were all still ready to take part in "all you can eat" kbbq.





Disclaimer: Please do not attempt to consume all of this food on your own in a short time period. This was done in a span of 24-hours with 6 friends sharing food at each place. It also included a short nap before the all-you-can-eat session. This food marathon was also followed by a hike the next morning in an attempt to burn off a few calories. See details of this hike in the next post.

No comments: