Thursday, December 30, 2010

Did I do what I said I would in 2010?

 2011 is right around the corner, but before I jump the gun and create a list of new resolutions, it's time to see if I kept my 2010 resolutions (my results are in red):
  • resurrect the SF museum & sightseeing mission
    • Okay, so I didn't go to as many SF sights and museums as I would've like to this year.
  • continue to exercise my brain by reading, writing, blogging, etc.
    • Read a ton of great books this year and kept it consistent in the blogging space.
  • complete as many items on The Big Eat SF: 100 Things to Try Before You Die list as I can
    • 12 down, a ton more to go! This will stay on my resolution list for 2011.
  • take one domestic vacation
    • New York, Philly, Tampa, does LA count?
  • take one international vacation
    • Thailand!
  • give back to my community/ volunteer my time for those in need
    •  Definitely lacking in this area, but I did manage to volunteer for a friend's event that supported education programs for children in need/ supplemental education
  • spend less time doing mindless stuff online (ie. facebook)
    • I don't spend much time on here, but I am still on it. That's not bad right?
  • master the acoustic guitar
    • Lessons have been going great and I learned all of the basic chords and how to play a few songs. I won't be taking lessons anymore after next week, but will still practice and master it. Work in progress.
  • run another half marathon, maybe a 10k - the point is to continue to be active
    • Ran the San Jose Rock N Roll half marathon with my sister, Craig and brother in law, Matt. It was the guys first time and a lot of fun to be able to experience this with Craig. I thought I was done with these, but I think he may be hooked now and wants to do another this year. I also ran the JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge with my coworkers.
  • be a better daughter, sister, girlfriend, employee, friend & independent. 
    •  Yes on all counts. I even managed to get promoted this year!
  • exude more positivity (by surrounding myself with more of it & less negativity)
    • Every day.
NYE post back in December of 2010: CLICK HERE

Coming soon: 2010 wrap up and 2011 resolutions. Stay tuned. 

No comments: