Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Downtown Fort Lauderdale Nights




You know you're going to have a great night when the first bar you walk into has no cover charge. This was the case at the Porterhouse, but in addition to no cover it was "Ladies Night" which means, free drinks for the ladies.

You can literally get a free drink from Porterhouse, walk out the door with it and onto the next place. This is what we did. Grabbed a drink and walked to Automatic Slims (no cover charge!).
Hmm... this being my 3rd post about Florida, I almost feel like all I've done so far is drink! Well, I guess that's the MIA/FLL vibe for ya - or maybe it's just 'cause I'm on vacation.

Upon entering this club, I was flabbergasted - all of the women had perfect bodies! Granted, they all worked there as bartenders or dancers, but still! This place has two floors and it surprised me that they played such a great selection of music - a combination of mainstream radio tracks & oldschool east/westcoast tracks.

Overall, my first downtown FLL experience was a memorable one.

P.S. There are so many international travelers in Florida! Of course, I managed to make a few overseas friends again - I love my international folks.

No comments: